Slynd® provides effective pregnancy prevention…1,d
(95% CI; 2.3, 6.4)
AVOIDED PREGNANCY IN CLINICAL STUDIES1
1.8% BECAME PREGNANT
17 out of 953 females evaluated
HIGH BMI WOMEN INCLUDED IN
CLINICAL TRIAL STUDIES1,d:
Mean BMI 28.5 kg/m2
332 subjects BMI ≥ 30 (35%)
173 females had BMI ≥ 35 (18%)
35 years or younger who were of reproductive potential..
Missed pill window
Slynd® has a flexible 24-hour missed pill window to accommodate her busy life.1,e This provides the
window she needs to take Slynd effectively.
Slynd’s 30-hour elimination half-life helps maintain therapeutic plasma levels.1
eSlynd tablets must be taken every day at the same time of the day. If one active tablet is missed, patients must take the missed tablet as soon as possible.
Slynd has demonstrated in clinical studies with over 3,400 women that it is a safe oral contraceptive…2
and offers a convenient option for many telemedicine patients.
Slynd does not require a blood pressure check prior to initiation.
No Boxed Warning!
Unlike estrogen containing products, there is no evidence of increased risk of myocardial infarction, cerebral thromboembolism, or venous thromboembolism reported in epidemiological studies for progestin-only products.
39.2% of Slynd clinical study participants had 1 or 2 VTE risk factors1,4:
+ Dosing Regimen, Bleeding Profile, & Drospirenone
Why are providers excited about Slynd?
Slynd is my number one pill because my patients love it! They appreciate the effects of drospirenone and the adjustment period is just a few months for them to get to a manageable bleeding profile.k And, best of all, I don’t get callbacks!
kIn clinical studies, 3.5% of patients dropped out due to bleeding irregularities.
A new patient came to me for her annual checkup; she was taking a combination birth control pill with 30mcg of estrogen. Given her smoking and hypertension, I suggested that she switch to Slynd. Now, over a year later, she’s still enjoying her experience with Slynd—highly effective contraceptive, and lighter periods.j This is just one of many patient success stories I have had with Slynd!
j Not all patients will have the same experience, some patients will experience breakthrough, irregular, or no periods.
Our office loves Slynd because it seems to work well in patients over 35 years old who smoke without carrying the estrogen related riskl of potential increase in blood pressure and blood clots.
lUse of Slynd (drospirenone) in patients with a history of thromboembolic disorders has not been evaluated in clinical trials. Discontinue Slynd if a thromboembolic event occurs.
- 1. Slynd® package insert.
- 2. Data on file.
- 3. Micronor package insert.
- 4. Kimble T et al. Contraception:X. 2020:10020.
- 5. Parsey KS, Pong A. An open-label, multicenter study to evaluate Yasmin, a low-dose combination oral contraceptive containing drospirenone, a new progestogen. Contraception. 2000;61:105-111.
- 6. Muhn P, et al. Drospirenone: a novel progestogen with antimineralocorticoid and antiandrogenic activity. Pharmacological characterization in animal models. Contraception. 1995;51:99-110. B.
- 7. Greer et al. Androgenic progestins in oral contraceptives and the risk of epithelial ovarian cancer. Obstet Gynecol. 2005;105:731-740.
- 8. Louw-du Toit R, et al. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2020; 526 (6):466-471.
- 9. Schindler AE, et al. Maturitas 2003;4651:S7-S16.